I am 29 years old. Gah! Yes, I am just 29. I look a little older because of work stress and parenting stress though (lol nanisi haha).
When I turned sixteen, I had a list of things that I wanted to accomplish before I turn 30. However, when I turned 25 years old, I realized that I haven’t met most of the things on my list so I decided to make up a new one. Now that I’m 29 and I only have about 11 months left til I turn thirty, let’s see now how much of this new bucket list have I accomplished, shall we?
25 Things to do and see before I turn thirty:
1. Bring my kid to Disneyland – we were supposed to bring M when she turned five. (Un)fortunately, God had other plans and gave us N instead 🙂 So we are thinking of bringing them next year instead. We believe that N has to turn three before he fully appreciates the trip.
Bring M to the beach – Done 🙂 And it was N’s first time to go to the beach too.
At Shang Mactan, Cebu – we availed of the day tour package and stayed in a different hotel instead (we don’t want to spend so much on hotel accommodations. Tutulog ka lang naman eh haha)
3. Have my picture taken with the Statue of Liberty as my background – Nope. Maybe before I turn 40?
Ride a bullet train 🙂 – Done
Shinkansen Station in Tokyo on our way to Nagoya 🙂
Have my picture taken with Hachiko’s statue at Shibuya station in Tokyo 🙂 – Done 🙂 One of the highlights of my Japan trip. Plus the uber eye candy food market underground.
Stay in an old town in Japan and experience the eeriness that they make me feel when I watch Asian horror stories – Done. We stayed for two nights in Gifu. It was so quiet so it was a perfect opportunity for my creepy jump shot 🙂
See and touch SNOW! – Done 🙂
With the pretty rainbow as my background – at Toronto, Ontario
Go to Niagara Falls! – Done (well partly, I wanted to see it from the other side (New York) too)
Pardon the turista pose lol 🙂
See Big Ben! 🙂 – Done 🙂 I fell in love with London. The Brits are a bit friendlier (and those gorgeous eyes!) and the city feels so alive. If there’s a country I want to go visit again – it’s definitely UK.
And there’s the big clock 🙂
Go see Buckingham Palace and Windsor Palace – Done. Well I wanted to add (and have tea with the queen) but that would be very impossible.
Wasn’t able to see the changing of the guards – ang tagal kasi magshower ng mga kasama ko!
Go where Harry Potter was filmed – Done At Oxford University – where the quidditch game was filmed; where the scenes at Hogwarts where Mcgonagall welcomed the first years and where the great hall is; and where the infirmary is 🙂
Quidditch Field 🙂
See the Stonehenge 🙂 – Done
The magical stones 🙂 The place was very beautiful.
Know more about John, Paul, Ringo, and George – Done.
These four are maybe the best musicians in history. I was really glad that the hotel we stayed in Liverpool is just beside The Beatles Story. We were also able to experience the cab tour where we went to their houses, the bar where they used to hang-out, and other important spots ie the church with the cemetery at the back and Eleanor Rigby’s tomb; and the strawberry fields, which is an orphanage 🙂
14. Have my picture taken in front of the Eiffel Tower – again hopefully before forty?
15. See the Vatican City – wah! hopefully before fifty?
16. Visit the location where Lord of the Rings was filmed (in NZ) – next time please?
17. Ride a camel and experience the sand dunes ride in Dubai – hopefully before 50 🙂
18. Visit the Holy Land – Inggit ako. Haha. Wasn’t able to go with them because I had lots of pending work plus I have the kids. Hopefully before 50 too.
On personal/ family:
Have one more kid – DONE. When I was 25 I only have one kid lol. Well four months after I turned 25, we discovered that we’re pregnant with one more.
Two of the greatest loves of my life. Shot by Tita Michelle Morelos
20. Go back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 56 kilos – next item please (bwahahaha) BUT I did try to lose weight. I am a member of a Facebook group (a closed one) that acts as a support group for moms who want to go back to their pre pregnancy weight. From there I learned about Jillian Michaels – an angel and a nightmare in one. I did the 30 day shred but eventually lost the drive after M’s party. For those who want the link, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
This routine improved my endurance and made my waist a little smaller than before. As for the numbers on the weighing scale – I would like to believe that my fats turned into muscle.
O well, I have 11 more months left! Keriboom boom ko itechiwa!
21. Buy one more car – soon! 🙂
22. Dance on stage again – I want to say done but M’s birthday party does not qualify. Lol
23. Learn how to drive – Next year. Promise!
24. Learn how to pole dance – ansabeh? Pag bumalik na ko sa pre-pregnancy weight ko sige gora!
25. Start and finish a cross stitch pattern with Miakka – Soon.